Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cheap-o Breakfast





I made this recipe for the fam this morning. I really like it because it's so quick and it's made of stuff that i already have on hand most days. They are also great to just throw in the car and go. I plan on making them the morning before our trip to Highpoint near Christmas. It's not really a muffin, but it's in a muffin tin. It's so simple I really hope someone tries it!

Sausage Biscuit-Muffins

4 Turkey sausage patties (i use turkey because of quest for health, you can use pork)
1/2 shredded cheese (We use sharp cheddar, but again do what you like)
2 1/4 cup bisquick
2/3 cup milk

Just mix up your bisquick and milk like the box says and then add your cheese. Now distribute the bisquick/cheese mixture evenly between 12 cups of a regular sized muffin tin. I quartered 4 regular sized sausage patties, and then poked a quarter into each cup of dough. Bake for 12 - 15 mins. Let cool for about a minute after you take them out. Then serve and enjoy.

I love how quick these make up because I can do it while feeding the baby and it doesn't take all my attention away from the fam on a saturday morning. I like giving them a home cooked meal, but I like spending time with them so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment